So with winter setting in we needed to get Night Music’s new name decal on (had to be 55 degrees!). This past weekend we accomplished our task. It has been amazing to watch everything come together – the teak, fiberglass, sails, UV covers, sail covers and now the new style of her name with Nashville as the port of call.
Next up I’m working on boat cards, boat stamp and other fun projects to go along with our trip . . . 112 days to go!
Another project completed this past week was the fiberglass below the toe rail. We decided to let a professional handle this after spending 2 Saturday’s and not getting very far. Nathaniel and his cousin did a fabulous job . . . if I could just get him to share his magical, mint-green mixture’s recipe : ) We still have to do the deck and cockpit, but she sure does shine up nicely!
Happy to say that the last week has been very productive! Here are a few things we have checked off the list:
- Replace ignition switch
- Install solid bimini brace, replacing the straps
- Figure out the ever looming ground issue created july 4th weekend (WHOO HOO!!)
- order name decal (should be here by Tuesday and install)
We’ll keep you posted! -stacy
Here’s a list of what’s left to do in the next -136 days- before departure. This is by no means all that has to be done, just what we have planned to do for boat preparation . . .
Install two more house batteries and a starter battery
Replace ignition switch
Install solid bimini brace, replacing the straps
Build storage for companion way wash boards
- Go through outboard and install new seals, fuel lines, rubber mounts, etc
- Install mounts for life-raft
- new moulding in both cabins and saloon.
- Polish fiberglass above rub rail
Finish aft prism repair
Figure out the ever looming ground issue created july 4th weekend
- Build and install new bowsprit
- Figure out foot pedals in galley and head
- Demystify tricolor wiring
Design, build and install step for Ethan to get into his cabin.
Make the insurance decision
- Trouble shoot auto pilot
Fabricate a new mount for shower head
order name decal and install
new mattress for the aft cabin with new mattress cover (insert learn to sew here)
Other items would include:
- health insurance decision
- building a first aid kit
- deciding on the banking system we want to use and a serious look at the budget
- stocking the boat (food and supplies)
- gear lists – all weather for little man and 2 adults
I’m sure this list will grow as we get closer . . .
As we get closer to our date of departure -138 days- , evaluating our to-do lists becomes exciting and looming all at the same time. Here’s a list of what we have completed in the past year: Read more